Tap - Intermediate ONLINE
Tap is style, rhythm, percussive and fun!
Fusing elements from Broadway and Rhythm tap, you will explore styles from traditional theatrical performance to rhythmic percussive. Each class will further develop basic skills including musicality. Skill development includes the “tap barre”, across the floor, and center floor combinations, instilling a strong skill set for the intermediate tapper. This in excellent level for tappers that have taken at least 3-4 sessions of Beginner Tap.
- Comfortable clothing (dance wear is welcome but not required)
- Tap Shoes required
- Face Covering Mandatory (mask or face shield)
Registrations can be completed online or in person at the studio or over the phone (provided you already have an account with J'Adore Dance). Payment must be received at the time of registration.
Programs at J'Adore Dance are in high demand, and sell out with long wait lists. As such, any registrations cancelled before the first class are subject to a $25 + GST administrative fee. No refunds will be issued after the start date of the class, however, we will issue credit valid for 12 months from the start date of the canceled program if the registration is canceled before the third class of the session. No refunds or credit will be granted after the start of the third class other than for serious illness or injury with medical documentation provided. Cancellation requests must be received in writing (firstname.lastname@example.org) and can only be processed by management. Credits are non-transferable and non-refundable. Please note that classes may switch from in-studio to online formats at any point in a session as mandated by Alberta Health Services. By registering in a program at J’Adore Dance you are agreeing to participating in both in-studio and online class delivery. Refunds/Credit will not be given for changes to programming delivery.
Terms and Conditions for Online Classes
- The participant has permission to be online and partake in J’Adore Dance online classes.
- Always use good judgement when dancing outside of your regular studio classroom.
- Take care to clear adequate space and remove any household or environmental factors that could potentially harm you or those around you
- Wear appropriate clothing and footwear that is not slippery
- Make sure the flooring is adequate to prevent slipping and falling
- Young children should have someone actively supervising them
- Don’t do the activity alone; have someone on the premises with you
- That, where possible, you will ensure webcams are located in a communal space like a living room - rather than a bedroom. If only a private space like a bedroom is available, you will commit to keeping the door open.
The participant will participate in these online dance classes at their own risk. You understand that, although rare, dance is a sport and injury may occur. J’Adore Dance will not be held responsible for any injury that may occur during your online dance class.
Make-ups - Because you have access to the class link for one, week there will be no make up's or missed classes recorded for the duration of our on-line programming.
Privacy for Zoom:
- All participants will be admitted from the “waiting room”. Please make sure your Zoom name matches your name on your registration.
- Please sign-in at least 10 minutes before your class starts.
- Your instructor will “admit” you.
- To minimize disruptions to the class, the instructor will not be able to manage the waiting room and admit participants after the welcome discussion (5 min after class start time)
- For safety reasons, your video must be on so that your instructor can see you
- Please note that the material in class videos is copyright and has not been approved for sharing, or for third party recordings. Sharing of the classes and zoom links and passwords are strictly forbidden (only registered participants will be granted entry into the ZOOM class each week) as well as the weekly video link. Not adhering to these rules will void your registration from the program.
Ashley started dancing at the age of 3 at her local community league. She then continued her love for dance at Sandra Gray School of Dance all the way until she was 18 years old. Ashley’s dance background includes Tap, Jazz, Ballet, Contemporary and Musical Theatre. Her strong foundation of Tap Technique derives from the completion of The Al Gilbert Syllabus Grades 1-7. She has received numerous Scholarships and Awards for Tap Solos and Duets. During Post-Secondary Education, Ashley took a short break from dance lessons to focus on her studies; but she always kept dance in her back pocket. And now, this passion for Tap Dance has led her to a variety of Adult Dance Classes in the city, including J’Adore Dance. When Ashley is not dancing, you will find her searching for new YouTube Tap Videos to allow her to continue perfecting her craft. But above all, you will always find Ashley tapping anywhere and everywhere!