BarreFit is a great workout targeting all areas of the body! This class will focus on proper alignment, good posture and improved coordination while strengthening and toning. Challenge yourself and have fun while getting fit! Can't wait to meet you at the barre!
What to Wear:
- Athletic wear
- Barre socks/grippy socks OR ballet shoes
- Yoga Mat
Registrations can be completed online or in person at the studio or over the phone (provided you already have an account with J'Adore Dance). Payment must be received at the time of registration.
Programs at J'Adore Dance are in high demand, and sell out with long wait lists. As such, any registrations cancelled before the first class are subject to a $25 + GST administrative fee. No refunds will be issued after the start date of the class, however, we will issue credit valid for 12 months from the start date of the canceled program if the registration is canceled before the third class of the session. No refunds or credit will be granted after the start of the third class other than for serious illness or injury with medical documentation provided. Cancellation requests must be received in writing (firstname.lastname@example.org) and can only be processed by management. Credits are non-transferable and non-refundable. Please note that classes may switch from in-studio to online formats at any point in a session as mandated by Alberta Health Services. By registering in a program at J’Adore Dance you are agreeing to participating in both in-studio and online class delivery. Refunds/Credit will not be given for changes to programming delivery.
Terms and Conditions for Online Classes
- The participant has permission to be online and partake in J’Adore Dance online classes.
- Always use good judgement when dancing outside of your regular studio classroom.
- Take care to clear adequate space and remove any household or environmental factors that could potentially harm you or those around you
- Wear appropriate clothing and footwear that is not slippery
- Make sure the flooring is adequate to prevent slipping and falling
- Young children should have someone actively supervising them
- Don’t do the activity alone; have someone on the premises with you
- That, where possible, you will ensure webcams are located in a communal space like a living room - rather than a bedroom. If only a private space like a bedroom is available, you will commit to keeping the door open.
The participant will participate in these online dance classes at their own risk. You understand that, although rare, dance is a sport and injury may occur. J’Adore Dance will not be held responsible for any injury that may occur during your online dance class.
Make-ups - Because you have access to the class link for one, week there will be no make up's or missed classes recorded for the duration of our on-line programming.
Privacy for Zoom:
- All participants will be admitted from the “waiting room”. Please make sure your Zoom name matches your name on your registration.
- Please sign-in at least 10 minutes before your class starts.
- Your instructor will “admit” you.
- To minimize disruptions to the class, the instructor will not be able to manage the waiting room and admit participants after the welcome discussion (5 min after class start time)
- For safety reasons, your video must be on so that your instructor can see you
- Please note that the material in class videos is copyright and has not been approved for sharing, or for third party recordings. Sharing of the classes and zoom links and passwords are strictly forbidden (only registered participants will be granted entry into the ZOOM class each week) as well as the weekly video link. Not adhering to these rules will void your registration from the program.
Camille Ensminger has trained and performed for many years in ballet, jazz, tap, flamenco and contemporary dance. She is currently in her 11th year performing with Orchesis Dance Group at the University of Alberta. Camille is a company member of Synaethesis Dance Theatre, performing at the Edmonton International Fringe Theatre Festival over the past several years in shows including Letters and Words (nominated for a Sterling Award for Outstanding Fringe production), Self(ish), Felix Checks Out and SWIPE (nominated for a Sterling Award) as well as other company productions including The Heliotrope. She performed at the Chinook Series festival in The Yellow Wallpaper and at Fringe 2018 in The Soldier's Tale, accompanied by members of the Edmonton Symphony Orchestra. She most recently performed in Plain Jane Theatre’s Get Happy in February 2020. Camille teaches jazz classes at the U. of A. Orchesis Dance Program, contemporary dance, ballet and dance conditioning classes and is a certified Xtend Barre instructor. Camille has a B.A. degree from the University of Alberta in Modern Languages (French, Italian and Spanish).