Yamuna® Body Rolling LUNCH ONLINE
Yamuna® Body Rolling is a revolutionary approach to health and fitness using balls designed exclusively for this practice. It consists of a series of routines using 6 to 10-inch balls. Unlike other ball exercises, YBR goes far beyond random movement and stretch. The routines release tension, improve flexibility, and energize the whole body. YBR re-educates muscles and stimulates bone, creating positive, permanent changes in the body.
"The beauty of Yamuna Body Rolling is that it takes you from the origin of the muscle at the tendon, elongating the muscle while stimulating the bone and soft tissue. Working with the body's own gravity, the exercises ease movement in the muscles to the point of relaxation, offering one of the finest weight-bearing exercises, with the benefits of a deep self-massage."
--Ms. Fitness Magazine
"Just wanted to say that today's lunch time Yamana class was the perfect conclusion to the work week. Taking a little extra time today gave the class a chance to roll both upper and lower body with more depth. In particular, that side roll into the shoulder does wonders for me. I left the class feeling pleasantly relaxed, as muscles that were tense and stiff from Bootcamp and PiYo (squats! lunges! sprints! repeat!?!) were finally feeling properly stretched and released. I'm all set for the weekend!"
Some of the benefits of YBR include:
- Increased muscle length and tone
- Increased range of motion
- Improved alignment
- Stress reduction
- Increased body awareness
- Improved core strength and awareness
- Direct bone stimulation
- Pain reduction
- More functional movement patterns
What to Wear:
- Form-fitting legging and shirt (Baggy clothing can get caught up easily when rolling on the ball and restrict movement)
- Yoga Mat
Registrations can be completed online or in person at the studio or over the phone (provided you already have an account with J'Adore Dance). Payment must be received at the time of registration.
Programs at J'Adore Dance are in high demand, and sell out with long wait lists. As such, any registrations cancelled before the first class are subject to a $25 + GST administrative fee. No refunds will be issued after the start date of the class, however, we will issue credit valid for 12 months from the start date of the canceled program if the registration is canceled before the third class of the session. No refunds or credit will be granted after the start of the third class other than for serious illness or injury with medical documentation provided. Cancellation requests must be received in writing (firstname.lastname@example.org) and can only be processed by management. Credits are non-transferable and non-refundable. Please note that classes may switch from in-studio to online formats at any point in a session as mandated by Alberta Health Services. By registering in a program at J’Adore Dance you are agreeing to participating in both in-studio and online class delivery. Refunds/Credit will not be given for changes to programming delivery.
Terms and Conditions for Online Classes
- The participant has permission to be online and partake in J’Adore Dance online classes.
- Always use good judgement when dancing outside of your regular studio classroom.
- Take care to clear adequate space and remove any household or environmental factors that could potentially harm you or those around you
- Wear appropriate clothing and footwear that is not slippery
- Make sure the flooring is adequate to prevent slipping and falling
- Young children should have someone actively supervising them
- Don’t do the activity alone; have someone on the premises with you
- That, where possible, you will ensure webcams are located in a communal space like a living room - rather than a bedroom. If only a private space like a bedroom is available, you will commit to keeping the door open.
The participant will participate in these online dance classes at their own risk. You understand that, although rare, dance is a sport and injury may occur. J’Adore Dance will not be held responsible for any injury that may occur during your online dance class.
Make-ups - Because you have access to the class link for one, week there will be no make up's or missed classes recorded for the duration of our on-line programming.
Privacy for Zoom:
- All participants will be admitted from the “waiting room”. Please make sure your Zoom name matches your name on your registration.
- Please sign-in at least 10 minutes before your class starts.
- Your instructor will “admit” you.
- To minimize disruptions to the class, the instructor will not be able to manage the waiting room and admit participants after the welcome discussion (5 min after class start time)
- For safety reasons, your video must be on so that your instructor can see you
- Please note that the material in class videos is copyright and has not been approved for sharing, or for third party recordings. Sharing of the classes and zoom links and passwords are strictly forbidden (only registered participants will be granted entry into the ZOOM class each week) as well as the weekly video link. Not adhering to these rules will void your registration from the program.
ARTISTIC DIRECTOR OF FULL YEAR PROGRAMMING - OWNER
When you dance, your purpose is not to get to a certain place on the floor. It’s to enjoy each step along the way. ~Wayne Dyer
Chantel Sampson has been dancing since the age of three. A lifelong passion for dance has continued to fuel her spirit. Her background includes tap, jazz, ballet, contemporary, modern, ballroom, and Irish Dance. She has studied and trained under many talented teachers from across Canada and the United States. During university, her parents exposed her to the world of ballroom dance where she met her husband and lifelong dance partner. After extensive training with coaches from across Canada and the United States and seven successful years in competition including three top 3 placements at the Canadian Championships, Chantel felt it was time to explore a new genre of dance and began training in Irish Dance. Her Adult Ceili team holds three North American Irish Dance Championship titles and an All Ireland Ceili Championship title. Chantel is a member of the Performing Arts Medical Association, Yamuna Practitioner Association and ALFCA . Through these organizations she continues to further her training in the areas of dance education and dancer wellness.Chantel received her Bachelor of Education degree with distinction in Elementary Education from the University of Alberta in 1998 and has always brought her love of dance into her teaching. Chantel was nominated for an Excellence in Teaching Award, developed and implemented dance programs in three Edmonton Catholic Schools, directed and choreographed over 20 musicals, presented at several ATA Fine Arts Conferences, and continues to work on developing dance curriculum. She believes that every child should have the opportunity to express themselves through dance and has developed curriculum integration documents for grades K-6 bringing dance and movement into each outcome of the program of studies. Chantel embraces the philosophy of dance as a universal form of expression. In 2007, after many years of teaching school and community-based dance programs, Chantel founded her own dance company, “For The Love of Dance”. Her teaching provides children and adults an opportunity to explore different dance and movement styles in a non-competitive, supportive environment. For Chantel, dance is a family affair and she has always been excited to share dance with her parents, husband, and three beautiful children. She is happiest when on the dance floor. Chantel partnered J'Adore dance's original owner Jessica Baudin-Griffin in 2015 to continue to develop and expand the studio's award winning programming. In 2016 Jessica made a change to pursue the expansion of Intellidance and Chantel's joined forces with former dance team member Jenna Brenan to take J'Adore into its next decade of award winning programming!
Chantel in holds certifications in Yamuna Body Rolling, AFLCA with Portable Equipment, First Aid ad CPR-C, a Certificate in Performing Arts Healthcare through the American College of Sports Medicine and in Pre and Post Natal Fitness, Intellidance instruction, Infant Massage Instructor Certification from Trimesters Massage.