West African Dance Online Workshop
Come and explore the traditional African rhythms originating from Guinea and Senegal. We connect, from soul to sole with the sounds the drums. Leaving it all on the dance floor. No dance experience necessary.
Registrations can be completed online or in person at the studio or over the phone (provided you already have an account with J'Adore Dance). Payment must be received at the time of registration.
Workshops at J'Adore Dance are in high demand, and sell out with long wait lists. As such, no refunds for workshops will be issued. Cancellations received more than 48 hours prior to the workshop start date will receive a studio credit for the cost of the workshop. Credits are valid for 12 months from the original workshop start date. Cancellations received within 48 hours of the workshop start date will be ineligible for class credit. Cancellation requests must be received in writing (email@example.com) and can only be processed by management.
Terms and Conditions for Online Classes
- The participant has permission to be online and partake in J’Adore Dance online classes.
- Always use good judgement when dancing outside of your regular studio classroom.
- Take care to clear adequate space and remove any household or environmental factors that could potentially harm you or those around you
- Wear appropriate clothing and footwear that is not slippery
- Make sure the flooring is adequate to prevent slipping and falling
- Don’t do the activity alone; have someone on the premises with you
- That, where possible, you will ensure webcams are located in a communal space like a living room - rather than a bedroom. If only a private space like a bedroom is available, you will commit to keeping the door open.
- The participant will participate in these online dance classes at their own risk. You understand that, although rare, dance is a sport and injury may occur. J’Adore Dance will not be held responsible for any injury that may occur during your online dance class.
Privacy for Zoom:
- All participants will be admitted from the “waiting room”. Please make sure your Zoom name matches your name on your registration.
- Please sign-in at least 10 minutes before your class starts.
- Your instructor will “admit” you.
- To minimize disruptions to the class, the instructor will not be able to manage the waiting room and admit participants after the welcome discussion (5 min after class start time)
- For safety reasons, your video must be on so that your instructor can see you
- Please note that the material in class is copyright and has not been approved for sharing, or for third party recordings. Sharing of the zoom links and passwords are strictly forbidden (only registered participants will be granted entry into the ZOOM class). Not adhering to these rules will void your registration from the program.