Prince & Princess Power (3-7 yrs)
A dream is a wish your heart makes...
Prince & Princess Power will lead your child through our royalty training program! Creative dance, crafts, jewelry making, dress up, storytelling, and active games are just some of the magical adventures our imaginations will take us on!
Daily activities will include:
Dance, Stories, Crafts, and Games
Participants will be required to bring clean indoor shoes, mask, a peanut free snack, art shirt/smock, water bottle, hat and sunscreen for outdoor time. Camp intake forms will be e-mailed prior to the start of camp. Please complete and email this form back before your child’s camp week.
Multiple Half-Day Camp Discount: If you register for 2 or more camps in the same session (same child in 2 or more camps), we will discount the combined price of the classes by 20%.
Siblings Camp Discount: If you register for 2 or more camps in the same session (siblings in 2 or more camps), we will discount the combined price of the classes by 20%.
Camp discount cannot be combined with sessional class registration.
In-Studio Camp Guidelines during COVID restrictions:
- There will be only one group of campers in the studio.
- Camps are limited to 9 campers and 1 Instructor
- Campers must be in good health and must not attend if they are sick or have any signs or symptoms of a cold or are feeling unwell.
- Our campers will be given their own storage space, dance and craft area, prop bin and craft bin for the week. There will be no sharing of props or craft items.
- In lieu of park day campers will be taken to an outdoor green space for daily snack time and open area outdoor activities.
- Parents will Drop off/Pick up at the studio door (parents are not permitted to wait in the lobby)
- In lieu of parent share on the last day of camp and Video will be made and shared with families.
- The studio space will have increased cleaning and sanitizing measures in place.
- Campers must be masked throughout the camp (except for water and snack breaks while physically distanced).
For a complete copy of our J'Adore Dance Camp Policy and Procedures addressing the provincial guidelines click here.
Prince & Princess Power Themes:
Day 1: Ariel & King Triton
Day 2: Tinkerbell & Peter Pan
Day 3: Rapunzel & Flynn Rider
Day 4: Mulan & Mushu
Day 5: Meg & Hercules
Jewel Zahr is a tap dancer from Edmonton, Alberta. Jewel started dancing in all disciplines at the age of four and quickly realized the love she had for tap. She graduated in 2016 from Victoria School of the Arts where she pursued her passion for the art of dance. She was very involved with the school and would perform at all of the shows the school would have. Through attending Victoria School of the Arts, she has had multiple opportunities to perform in shows such as “Love and Information” and “Festival of the Arts”.
In 2016, Jewel was accepted into Jenna Werhun's advanced tap technique and professional development program, The Next Steps. The program aims to provide young, and upcoming tap dancers with opportunities to prepare them for the professional dance community. Through this program, Jewel has not only had the opportunity to teach her peers, but to also take a producing role in helping to organize a fundraising show and create an original piece of choreography, showcased at Edmonton’s own Needle Vinyl Tavern in February of 2017. She also produced "Swingin' Thru Time", presented by The Next Steps, that was performed at the Sewing Machine Factory in February of 2018.
In addition to this, she has been dancing at Powerhouse Dance for her entire dance career. This has afforded her the opportunity to participate in many dance competitions and receive multiple awards. In 2016, she was recognized as an exceptionally responsible student with strong leadership skills, so she was invited to become an assistant teacher for Jenna Werhun. Jewel is excited to complete her post-secondary journey at the University of Alberta in the department of Education. She is thrilled to have completed the JDance Internship program and continue teaching Tap at J'Adore Dance.